Tok Misti Dimpuli - Bengali Egg Recipe:
Eggs (dim) can be cooked in many ways. Tok Misti Dimpuli is one of them. It's a delicious Bengali cuisine. Try cooking it by following the given recipe.
Ingredients for Tok Misti Dimpuli:
¼ cup sliced onion (Peyaj Kuchi)
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon dry chili powder
½ teaspoon coriander seed powder (Dhone Gura)
1 teaspoon cumin seed powder (Jira Gura)
½ teaspoon Pashforon
2 tablespoons tamarind juice (Tetulgola)
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
½ cup oil
½ cup water.
Method of Preparation (How to Cook):
01. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the eggs (Dimpuli) one by one. Transfer them from the pan and keep aside.
02. Add a little more oil and when it's hot enough, add Pashforon. Fry and stir continuously until you get its aroma.
03. Once you smell the Pashforon, add sliced onions and continue frying.
04. Then add all the above masalas (except tamarind and cumin). Cook and stir continuously.
05. Now add tamarind juice and water.
06. Wait until it boils, and then add the fried eggs. Continue cooking.
07. Now add sugar.
08. Reduce the heat, cover the pan.
09. When it thickens enough (Makha Makha Hole), mix the cumin seed powder and remove from heat.
10. Serve hot with rice and polawo.