Today we will get introduction of SEO for Begginers. Search Engine Optimization , a technique that is often a mystery as well as the most sought after. Techniques that are often “feared” by newbies who are just learning at the same time are used as “mainstay weapons” by search engine experts (SEO).
But, what is the function of SEO optimization? Well , the way SEO is used correctly will help increase rankings and traffic to our website. If you are a blogger who wants to monetize your website or blog or if you are an Digital marketer , SEO will certainly be indispensable.
In this post, we will discuss how to optimize SEO in full. What are the techniques? Here’s the full review:
On-page SEO is a technique to maximize the performance of a website in accordance with search engine regulations, in this case Google. Before we start optimizing for individual pages, please make sure that your entire website is set up properly.
We still often find websites that are not SEO friendly, even on websites that look good in terms of appearance but are not yet SEO Friendly. These points must be improved, namely that the website’s performance must be good in the eyes of search engines and in the eyes of the user or audience.
What will we learn?
- Check whether our website is practicing on-site SEO properly.
- How to link from one page to another for SEO optimization.
In general, apart from managing content, make sure you also have access to be able to manage title tags , page titles, and meta tags . Most websites today use Hypertext Mark Up Language (HTML) code-based platforms , such as Blogspot, and Content Management Systems (CMS) such as those used by WordPress and Joomla. That is, make sure we can log in and manage the HTML or CMS code of our website.
If you are still using Blogger for free, you should start to consider using a paid domain and web hosting because on a free account, the CMS code settings are very limited.
At First Learn Basics of SEO
Making your website SEO Friendly certainly takes a lot of effort. But you don’t need to worry because there is a lot of information that can be learned, related to optimizing the performance of your website using SEO.
As a first step, we will provide a list of some things that must be prepared before setting up the website. That is, make sure that you have access to manage this list.
This is a pretty deep technical issue, so if you have a webmaster or website designer you can ask for help. Or if not, you can do your research and find information on this.
Here’s the list:
- Page titles on every page. That means the HTML tag on each page.
- Meta tags on every page.
- Meta keywords on every page.
- Make sure there is only ONE <h1> ( heading ) on each page and post. H1 is usually used for page or post titles. You can use as many <h2> as you want, but make sure there is only 1 <h1> because if you use more than 1 heading , your post will be considered spam.
- Has a contact page.
- Can change or add content to the page.
- Access to blog / news page.
What is meant by blog is that you have access to create, edit, and publish new posts.
On-Page Search Engine Optimization
There are only two main categories in SEO optimization: on-page and off-page.
- On-page SEO is optimization that is carried out within our own website. We will discuss about this part today.
- Off-page SEO is optimization from outside the website. In other words, get backlinks from other websites. There is some debate about the most appropriate and safe way to do off-page SEO optimization, but we will discuss that in the next article.
How to optimize on-site SEO is as follows:
2. Understand Website Structure
It is very important to understand the structure of a website because the way you link one page to another can be SEO optimization or it may break it. There is something called the “silo structure” which is very popular because it does work for SEO optimization.
3. Internal Links
Another way that is no less important to optimize on-site SEO is to learn to link or link between one page to another. When one article has a link to another article, it means that we have done “link juice” which serves to increase mutual rankings or traffic.
Some website templates come with the “Read more” feature automatically, so we don’t have to bother anymore. So, what if you want to create a link or link in the content? We recommend that you use keywords as anchor text.
Variations of Links
Apart from keywords, we can also use several variations of the link. For example:
- Read more at
- Click here
- Website address or naked link. Example: www.webmasterbn.xyz
- Post title
- The following article
If the above steps are done correctly, your website ranking will improve a week or a few weeks later. Please remember, SEO is slow. It’s not like when you take exams at school or take quizzes where the results can be seen immediately.
New Keyword Optimization
Search Engine Optimization is closely related to keywords or commonly referred to as keywords. Choosing keywords that have high traffic potential is an important priority. As for the characteristics of good keywords are keywords with high search volume and high click value.
What we will learn:
- How to optimize existing content.
- Know what kind of optimization is classified as spam.
Say, we already have a list of keywords. Now is the time to optimize the results of the keyword research . Please have a look at your Google Webmaster Tools and check keywords in Search Console . Look for keywords that are not in the top 5 rankings.
Copy these keywords to Google and see which pages or articles appear in the search results. This page is what we will optimize with these keywords.
Go to the page and make the following changes:
- Put the keyword phrase in the title tag. Better if placed at the beginning.
- Put keyword phrases in <h2> tags or subheading . Add some relevant words to form one whole sentence. For example, your keyword is “Search Engine Optimization”, then make it a whole sentence such as “Easy Steps to Optimize Search Engine Optimization”.
- Put ONE keyword phrase in the content.
- Put the keyword phrase in the meta keywords.
That is all. Check the progress of the ranking of the pages that you optimize a week later.
SEO Study Tips for Beginners:
- Don’t make the title tag too long, a maximum of 60 characters.
- We recommend that you use a capital letter at the beginning of the word so that it is not visible that the title tag is only a copy and paste. Example: Complete Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Guide.
- Use natural phrases or sentences.
- If the content is not very relevant to the keyword phrase, then you need to revise the content so that it has relevance.
Avoid Spamming Keywords
Apart from creating new, original and quality content, there is nothing more we need to do. Next, we will definitely create new content and enter new keywords, right? So, there is no need to add too many keywords in the page that we edited earlier. You don’t want your page to look like “quiet”, do you? Just relax, don’t overdo it.
Search for 20 or more keywords and keyword phrases or as many keywords as you want. Do the same as the steps above. Yes, this does sound like a lengthy step. But believe me, when you are used to it, optimization techniques like this will not feel heavy anymore.
Apart from optimizing existing pages, of course you are free to create new articles with new keywords. This is the best strategy because, as we said before, if you are constantly optimizing a page with a lot of keywords, you will look like you are quiet, which is not good for SEO.
It would be better if you use new keywords for new posts. Post articles with relevant categories. If the new post has relevance to the previous post, please link it.
- Start optimizing some pages with the keywords you have selected.
- Check out the results in Google Webmaster Tools and see if the ranking goes up or not.
Once again, we want to remind you, beginners, learning SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques is not an instant job. It takes patience to get maximum results. That’s all from us, have a good practice, good luck.