Amfori BSCI stands for Business Social Compliance Initiative. We currently adhere to the version from 01/2014. It was approved by the Foreign Trade Association on November 28, 2013, and became effective from January 1, 2014, replacing the 2009 version. From January 1, 2018, it is recognized as Amfori BSCI.
A) Introduction, explanation, our values, and application in all business establishments.
B) Policies specifically designed for Amfori BSCI participants and their business partners.
C) Terms related to the implementation of Amfori BSCI, Amfori BSCI regulations, and Amfori BSCI glossary.
It is the responsibility of all organizations associated with BSCI to be aware of and implement all BSCI policies. In addition, they must effectively implement the 11 policies of Amfori BSCI within the 13 Performance Areas, both internally and throughout their business partners, meeting Amfori BSCI's expectations.
Amfori BSCI Policies:
Amfori BSCI comprises a total of 11 policies, which include:
1. Freedom of Association and Expression: Business partners can accept this policy and engage in open discussions with their representatives on workplace matters.
2. Equal Rights: Regardless of gender, age, religion, race, nationality, membership in organizations, political beliefs, marital status, disability, or other circumstances, business partners must not discriminate or practice favoritism.
3. Fair Remuneration: Business partners must adhere to the law or jointly agreed standards for minimum wages, enabling workers to lead a satisfactory life.
4. Decent Working Hours: Ensure that workers do not work more than 48 hours per week, except under exceptional circumstances, and that overtime is compensated accordingly.
5. Occupational Health and Safety: Business partners must comply with national laws and regulations related to occupational health and safety.
6. Prohibition of Child Labor: It is strictly forbidden to employ children below the minimum age for employment as defined by law.
7. Special Protection for Young Workers: Young workers shall not be engaged in work during the night, and their well-being, safety, and ethical development shall be ensured.
8. Forced Labor: Business partners must not engage in any form of forced labor, debt bondage, human trafficking, or involuntary servitude.
9. No Precarious Employment: Employment shall be on the basis of a recognized employment relationship, and workers shall be provided with written contracts.
10. Environmental Protection: Business partners must take appropriate measures for environmental conservation and act responsibly in this regard.
11. Ethical Behavior: Business partners must refrain from engaging in corruption, bribery, extortion, or any form of unethical practices.
Special Methods of Amfori BSCI:
1. Compliance with the Code of Conduct: We uphold the rights of workers in accordance with the law and the Amfori BSCI code.
2. Supply Chain Management and Impact: Amfori BSCI policies will impact other business partners as well.
3. Worker Engagement and Protection: Workers are informed about their rights and responsibilities.
4. Complaint Mechanism: Adequate procedures are in place to collect complaints and advice from all employees.
Amfori BSCI Performance Areas:
Amfori BSCI encompasses 13 areas of work performance, including:
1. Area 1: Social Management Systems and Their Impact
2. Area 2: Worker Involvement and Protection
3. Area 3: Freedom of Association and Expression
4. Area 4: Equal Remuneration
5. Area 5: Fair Working Hours
6. Area 6: Occupational Health and Safety
7. Area 7: Prohibition of Child Labor
8. Area 8: Special Protection for Young Workers
9. Area 9: No Precarious Employment
10. Area 10: Environmental Protection
11. Area 11: Ethical Behavior
12. Area 12: Supply Chain Management and Impact
13. Area 13: Complaint Mechanism
Adhering to these policies and performance areas ensures that businesses align with Amfori BSCI's mission to promote ethical and sustainable practices in the global supply chain.