In today's highly competitive market, it is essential to prioritize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to maintain a strong foothold in the RMG sector. Let's discuss the crucial KPIs in the RMG sector:
1. Factory Efficiency: The efficiency of your factory plays a vital role in reducing production costs and improving competitiveness. For instance, if your factory efficiency is at 55% while your competitor's is at 75%, they are producing 20% more per hour.
2. CPM Cost (Cost per Minute): Managing CPM cost efficiently is critical. If your CPM cost is $5.20 and your competitor's is $4.20, they are producing goods at a lower cost per minute, giving them a pricing advantage.
3. MMR Ratio (Manpower-to-Machine Ratio): A lower MMR ratio indicates efficient utilization of labor and machinery. If your competitor has a lower MMR ratio, it means they are producing with fewer labor resources, reducing overhead costs.
4. Cut to Ship Ratio: Maintaining a high cut to ship ratio, like 99%, means minimal wastage in production, reducing the cost associated with the wasted materials and time.
5. DHU % (Defective per Hundred Units): Lower DHU percentage implies better product quality. If your DHU is 11% while your competitor's is 4%, they are likely incurring fewer costs due to poor quality.
6. RFT (Right First Time): A high RFT percentage indicates that your products require fewer revisions or corrections, which can save both time and resources.
7. On-Time Delivery Rate: Timely deliveries are crucial in satisfying customers and securing repeat business. Ensure that your products are consistently delivered on time.
8. Non-Productive Time: Minimize non-productive time as it directly affects your production efficiency and costs.
9. Cost of Poor Quality: Reducing the cost of poor quality, such as rework and rejects, is essential for profitability.
10. Style Change Over Time: Efficiently managing style changeovers can increase production flexibility and reduce downtime.
If you want to stay competitive in this market, it's crucial to focus on these KPIs. For example, your competitor's ability to offer a lower price for a 10-cent increase might be due to their superior performance in these KPIs. Analyzing and improving these metrics can significantly impact your profitability.
To excel in the RMG sector, it's essential to develop these KPIs within your company. Training your employees to understand and improve these metrics is vital for achieving long-term success. Many factories are struggling because they aren't actively monitoring or improving these critical KPIs. In such a competitive market, making KPI-based decisions and involving your employees in these efforts is imperative.